Do I need a license to install low voltage wiring such as cable TV outlets, satellite TV outlets, surround sound speaker systems or computer networks?

Author: Secure2Ware |

Yes, if you are installing wiring within a structure for any reason including the items listed a license is required. Low voltage wiring work (any wiring under 98 volts) can be done by someone with a certified or registered Limited Energy Specialty license, an Alarm System I or II license, an Electrical Contractor License or a Residential Electrical Specialty license. The license specifically for this work is called the Limited Energy Systems Specialty.